No-Bake Pistachio Date Brownies02 July, 2014
Everyone has experienced a case of an unwavering sweet tooth, and I am no exception. In fact, I usually treat myself to something sweet every day.
Choosing a treat rich in flavor and texture is key to satisfying your craving in just a few bites: the first bite to see if it’s any good, the second bite to confirm that it’s good, and the third bite to say goodbye!
It only takes a small square of a rich No-Bake Pistachio Date Brownie to curb my cravings. Sweet dates create a dense texture while pistachios and shredded coconut add a satisfying crunch. Cocoa powder is the essential ingredient for a chocolate brownie-like taste.
And the best part–they’re so easy to make!
- 2 cups of pistachios (or other favorite nut such as walnuts and pecans)
- 1 cup of dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- Agave nectar or honey to sweeten
- Protein powder (optional)
- Pulse dry ingredients in food processor. Add wet ingredients and blend well until “dough” forms. Press into 9X11 or choice of baking pan, and put in fridge for 3-4 hours. Pistachio Date Brownies are best when eaten cold.