Ginger Vanilla Protein Crunch Bars02 November, 2016
We did a taste test of various protein bars at my office recently. It wasn’t long after that I regret my participation. My stomach was in knots and I was dealing with a serious sugar hangover.
Bars are the most convenient snack or meal choice when you’re on-the-go, but it’s not always easy to find ones without an excessive amount of sugar or sugar alcohols, processed fiber, or saturated fat. That’s why I love this recipe for homemade Ginger Vanilla Protein Crunch bars from SpaBetti.com. They are dairy, egg, soy, and gluten-free and are vegan-friendly. I love them so much, I shared them on my “Eat Breakfast Like a Millennial” TV segment.
Add this recipe to your weekend meal prep routine and you’ll be set with delicious, healthy protein bars for the rest of the week!
- 2 Tablespoons butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/4 Cup agave syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 Cup corn flakes (Erewhon), pounded into large crumbs
- 1/2 Cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup crystalized ginger, chopped
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter, whisk in agave.
- Add milk and protein powder, whisk together until smooth.
- n large bowl, add oats, corn flakes, almonds, sunflower seeds and about ¾ ginger pieces. Pour melted butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix together thoroughly.
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment or foil, spray.
- Transfer mixture into pan; using wet hands, press down in even layer. Sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining ginger pieces, press down into bars.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Let cool before cutting.