Blueberry Protein Pancakes31 May, 2016
At my house, Saturday mornings call for pancakes on the back patio. While I am always in for an indulgent treat, why not make a pancake that’s packed with protein and fiber compared to the traditional flapjack? It’s filling, nutritious, and always satisfies my pancake craving. The best part? It only takes 7 minutes to make.
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Almond Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Blend egg whites, oats, cinnamon, and vanilla extract for 15 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a greased, small saucepan. Mixture should cover ensure surface of the pan. Because it is mostly liquid, avoid using too large of a pan. Cook on medium.
- Evenly place blueberries in mixture.
- When liquid on the surface is hardening, flip pancake and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Finish with your choice of toppings--almond butter, maple syrup, agave, or fresh fruit!